October 30th, 2007
As a Flash developer who’s been working with Flex and ActionScript 3 since late last year I found I couldn’t settle down and use the Flex Builder Eclipse plug-in. Previously I had acquired the habit of editing ActionScript using TextMate and compiled using the lightning fast MTASC, and although there were alternatives (FDT, Sepy), I’ve always preferred the lightweight flexibility and crisp feel that TextMate has. As a result I’m responsible for TextMate’s ActionScript 3 and Flex bundles.
At the moment the bundles are in the review section of the TextMate Repository. Once installed the bundle help covers how to set up (primarily to download the flex sdk) and outlines the non-obvious commands.
The main highlights of the bundles are:
- MXMLC and FCSH Build Commands.
- Function, Tag, Import Auto Completion.
- ActionScript 3 and Flex documentation search.
- Drag and Drop of imports, includes, embed assets, css, xml.
- ASDoc Support.
- MXML Validation.
- Manifest Generation.
- Class and Component Templates.
- Flex Builder compatible project creation.
- Unused Import statement removal.
- Shortcut Key Super Class, Code Behind and Import file opening.
Thanks to the following people who have all had a hand, although they may not know it, in the creation of the bundles:
For those of you who don’t use subversion the following zip’s can be downloaded, but they won’t necessarily be the latest version :